Ever been lost in a foreign country with no idea where to go, no knowledge of the local language, and no access to the Internet? That’s why we never go anywhere without a good old-fashioned map. The best choice for your Egypt map is one that’s comprehensive, sturdy, and compact. After a lot of research, we found the best one for you.
Our favorite Egypt map: Egypt by National Geographic
Many of the maps we have used on our travels have fallen apart in our hands or dissolved when wet. Not so this Egypt map by National Geographic — it holds up to the toughest travel conditions.
Different elevations are shown in different colors, contour lines make the topography even more clear and a graticule helps those traveling with a GPS.
- Scale: 1:1,250,000
- Tear-resistant and waterproof
- Table of distances between major cities
- Accurate topography/terrain with a clearly labeled road network
- Highlighted points of interest, including parks and nature reserves, protected lands, historical and cultural attractions
- Place names include towns and natural features
- Detailed place names index
- Important travel networks including airports, lighthouses, ferry routes and rail lines